Tuesday, September 21, 2010

First impressions of the new Rolleiflex 3.5F

This was my first full weekend with the Rolleiflex 3.5F, now with lens hood. I drove out to the Blue Mountains on a wonderful sunny spring Saturday morning. I was intending to walk to Lockley Pylon, near Leura, but I got lost en route, and ended up walking along a track called Fortress Ridge, which was almost as nice, if a bit creepy (I was terrified of being bitten by a snake for some reason). After that short walk, I returned to Leura and visited Sublime Point, where these pictures were taken. All done with Kodak E100G Ektachrome slide film.
The verdict? Well, I am most impressed, but perhaps I have been spoiled by having the Rolleicord working for some years. These pictures look great, but they are not a quantum leap above those of the cord. Maybe thr flex will perform better in low light and wide open. Nonetheless, I am still happy with the pics from the Rolleiflex. The Zeiss Planar lens seems to have a little more warmth and less sharpness than the Xenotar lens on my Rolleicord - or is it just me?

No comments: